What is Bilharziasis?
Bilharziasis is also called as schistosomiasis. It is a parasite infection caused by parasite of the genus Schistosoma mostly seen in the developing country. It transmitted in the people by the contact with contaminated water and presently it affecting 200 million people and increasing more.
Types of Bilharziasis
There are following three type of Bilharziasis
- Schistosoma haematobium
- Schistosoma mansoni
- Schistosoma japonicum
Causes of Bilharziasis
Bilharziasis is caused by the Schistosoma fluke infection.
Risk factor of Bilharziasis
- Water snails
- Drinking contaminated water
- Bathing and Swimming in contaminated water
Symptoms of Bilharzias
- Rashes and itchy skin
- Fever, chills and cough
- Muscle aches
- Inflammation of spinal cord
- Blood in urine
- Blood in stool
Treatment of Bilharzias
It can be treated by the medicine but only well known person should treat the patient of this disease. There are some other suggested treatment for this disease are good diet, nursing care, rest, and treatment of other illness and infections.
- Drink uncontaminated water
- Do not take bath and swimming in the contaminated water
- Use warm water ( at least heated for five minutes) for bath.
- Filters and reservoir tanks should keep clean and clear.
- UV lys uv maling eller diskolys
Lån penge til forbrug med et forbrugslån